Friday 7 May 2010

Very general thoughts about all superficial aspects of life!

Again, I have had a bit of a funny day mood-wise.
I got some really sad news today, which I won't refer to specifically on this blog- just to say that life is fragile and we must treat people around us with love and respect.

I'm currently sitting in bed, cuddling my very soft teddy... Mister Actual Something. I call him 'Mister Act' for short.... :)


I've been thinking a lot about how people come into your life and leave... and the impact you have on them and vice versa. Obviously I hope my impact in other people's lives is more positive than negative.

I got thinking about all the really close friends I've had over the years, and the way those relationships have changed and drifted. Some of them I love a lot and still talk to whenever the opportunity arises; others, I seem to have very little in common with any more leading me to believe that our friendship was more circumstantial than anything. I don't know if I'm a little bit strange, analysing my friendships in this way! Maybe I am!

I don't like that 'drift'... because I don't like to wonder if my feeling of having a profound relationship with someone is not reciprocated. BUT- when I start thinking like that, I tell myself to stop looking too deep into it and lighten up!!! =) Life isn't about moping after friends who have their own lives- it's about living every day and making the people who ARE around you smile! It's about finding ways to show those people that you love them... that way you build on relationships you already have, and do some good in the world; if only by giving someone a bit of a spring in their step and a wider smile.

I'm so cheesy! But I think it's just that I haven't had that 'sunny feeling'- as I refer to it- for a little while... the one where you just can't stop grinning. I think it's because I've got my head too stuck into what I'm doing and I need to stop being such a loser and get up off my backside and realise that the only way we gain anything worth gaining is by giving to other people- our time and our talents.

So tomorrow I will make sure my missionary letters are written ready to send on Monday and that will be my start of a positive move forward!

And many more will follow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?