Wednesday 19 May 2010

Men, Men, Horrible Men; I've said it before and I'll say it again!

These lyrics from Calamity Jane just came into my head!








I am fed up with men! My love affair with them is over in many many ways... Where on earth is my handsome prince to prove me wrong?


It seems that everywhere I turn there is something else to remind me of how men screw up. Their heads are so easily turned and they forget everything important so easily. Natural man is an enemy to God (Mosiah 3:19)!!! I know that that applies to women as well, but I am just so annoyed with the slow progress I see with men in the church. They always seem to fall into categories and what they look for in women is just ridiculous. The confident men with tons of charisma who usually have egos the size of Brazil go for someone who will look good on their arm and will never challenge them. Then there are so many men who expect their wife to be something amazing, which they are not so their expectations are just so unrealistic. They basically all want stepford wives:




Beautiful..... Brainless..... Submissive...

The men who want women like this generally don't get married very quickly, to be honest, unless a woman like this falls into their lap. And, unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few of these around- not to be harsh on my fellow females!

Proverbs 31:10-31 does not paint a picture of a submissive and weak woman.
The qualities are that she is:

-Virtuous
-Trustworthy
-Loyal
-Dedicated
-Hard-working
-Motivated
-Intelligent
-Wise
-Decisive
-Charitable
-A Provider
-Neat in appearance
-Industrious
-Strong
-Honourable
-Kind
-A Role Model
-An example
-Capable
-Independent
-Fearful of the Lord

This does not describe someone weak. There is so much strength evident here!

Men- this is what you should aim to marry
and
women- this is what should aim to be!!!

"Don't be ashamed of who you are, and don't be afraid to stand your ground."

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?