Thursday 13 May 2010

Blessed!

I've been thinking a lot today about people in my life who are amazing.
I am so, so lucky to have the things that I have and to be so enveloped in love.

I don't really want to mention specifics! There have just been so many people that have gone out of there way to do things for me recently- from the sublime to the ridiculous! It's just been nice. Obviously my family are people in my life who do good to me most consistently, and I've felt that recently. I sometimes don't really know how to express my gratitude. But when I've thought about it lately I've realised that sometimes it's just doing the little things back to acknowledge that you notice the effort... I've started to look at things around the house with the frame of mind, "if you don't do it, who will?" followed by: "and why should it be them and not you?"


This thinking hasn't caused a big impact yet but hopefully I'll get better at it and graduate from simple things like putting the dry dishes away (because Mom and Dad are not the only ones capable of that!) and aim for something better!
I think my perspective on things is improving a little... things are becoming clearer to me. Don't get me wrong- I don't think (or expect) myself to have the maturity and clarity or perspective that a 90 year old woman has... but I do now want to start acting 20. I don't need to be babied. And I don't need to look around to try and do the least work I can get away with, just because I feel like (heaven forbid!) there could be someone doing less!!! I guess I understand that I need to show a bit of gratitude... a 'tithe', if you will... I'm given everything and what I give back is a pittance, but my heart is at least more willing to give it now. I hope I keep this attitude and don't slide back.

But anyway, aside from family matters.
I've had this song in my head, which actually sums up my feelings pretty well.


"May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
With every year passing
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone

Never alone
Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone"


I really have had people around me that have made me smile and lifted me up, and made me know that I'm never alone.

When I look over the people who are important to me... there are so many who make me smile all the time...

I'm grateful for best friends who constantly come and go... but they're great friends- wherever they are, and despite distance or time since you last spoke.

Three of my best friends are on missions at the moment... and who could ask for a better example than that?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?