Tuesday 11 May 2010

Attempt at Cupcakes....!

Ok, so yesterday I decided that I would do something fun and productive with my day, other than just revise, so I thought that the best thing to do to motivate me was to produce something yummy.

I found a good recipe on the internet, because I've been thinking about making Black Forest Cupcakes for the longest time!

Here's the recipe, incase you want to make them- I RECOMMEND IT!



3 Eggs

225g butter
225g caster sugar
125mls milk
225g sifted self raising flour
60g coco powder

oven at 170c!
I blended the eggs with an electric mixer until JUST blended, then mixed in the butter and sugar.
I then added the milk, flour and cocoa powder and blended it all.
20 mins in oven.

Couldn't have been easier!
For the topping, the recipe was simply whisked double cream, a fresh cherry, and some grated chocolate. I decided instead to cut out part of the cake and put some black cherry jam in it to enhance the 'black forest' flavours! I did that while the cupcakes were still warm, which was good as I didn't have to wait for them to cool before I blended the cream and put it on. Then you just replace the 'cut-out' part of the cake and press it down. Some of the jam squidges out but you cover it with the cream!
After putting the cream on, you just take the stone out of the cherries and place the cherry on top- then grate chocolate on. I didn't have big cupcake papers so I made about 18 small cupcakes, and used about 150ml of cream and about 2 squares of dark chocolate and nearly a tub of cherries.

Here's the result:




No points for style- but boy do they taste good! (I also dropped them on the way out of the oven... my advice would be to avoid doing that...)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?