Monday 17 May 2010

One down...

Well, it would probably be wrong of me not to mention my exam today. It happened. It really did. It was not exactly the thrill of my life, but it's over and that is a definite plus. Nothing else I could do; could've been better, could've been worse. Let's talk about something else!!!


So I went window shopping in Birmingham after I'd finished my exam and met my mom for lunch. That was nice. I spent a good deal of time browsing in Waterstones; particularly looking at books nominated for the Orange Prize. I definitely want to read some if not all of those books!
It's also reminded me of my resolve to read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

List of books to read:

The Lacuna and The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver,
The Very Thought of You by Rosie Alison
Black Water Rising by Attica Locke
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
A Gate At the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
The White Woman on the Green bicycle by Monique Roffey

...and, of course, I still need to keep on with my non-fiction reading: Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage.

Basically- I need a good holiday period over summer where I can read and read and read to my heart's content!!!
Plus- I need to start collecting so I can have my very own library!!! :)

Other than Waterstones, I wandered through Debenhams (as usual) and The Entertainer, where I really do think they only employ you if you're a massive flirt because I spoke to one shop assistant who was all over-friendly, turned the corner and there were two more laughing and flirting. It was really quite funny and I did go away rolling my eyes, with an amused smile on my face!

I never buy any clothes that aren't from BDF Newlife anymore, so I really do find it shocking- the idea of spending £40 on a top makes me feel sick! There's no way I could justify that... if only we could share some of this wealth people must have to buy things like that! I have a huge wardrobe, don't get me wrong, but I doubt a single item cost above £30. Many of them have RRPs above that, but sales are the way to go!

Anyway- I'm off to ebay some of the books I was talking about!!! :) (Way cheaper than spending £8 on each one!!!).

xxxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?