Sunday 30 May 2010

Goldilocks

Today, at church, a father of two little boys brought his sons over to say hi to me after the meeting had ended because he had been reading to them, and decided to tell them that I was Goldilocks when I was younger. I was asked questions about the episode with the three bears, and what I had learned from the events. They eagerly stretched out their little hands to shake mine and, on walking away, I contemplated the joy of being a little child. It must be fun when anything is possible.


Tonight, at Institute Graduation, I got the over-riding message that to be middle-of-the-road is not good enough. Aiming to be average is never going to get us anywhere. And I have been extremely guilty of aiming to be average. It's like, with institute, sometimes I turn up and it seems like no one has read the manual and I get complacent and think: "Don't worry, no one actually ever reads the manual". Instead of either criticising or praising myself and living up to average expectations, maybe I should create some expectations of my own to live up to. For example, in the aforementioned case- I know from experience that the manuals are amazing and when I have studied them I've found quotes with which to annotate my scriptures, which have expanded my understanding so much. Therefore, I should definitely make it essential to do that each week- otherwise I am missing out on something I could be getting. And I don't just need the minimum spiritual nourishment to get by. We are told to 'feast' on the scriptures and the minimum is not enough. If I know there is more to be had, I should be metaphorically licking the crumbs off the plate, and seeking more. A nibble will not do!

Today has been really positive. I feel like things are starting to fall back into place. I am waving goodbye to the old, and welcoming in the new. I have to admit that at times I find myself glancing over my shoulder; but as I read today "Remember Lot's Wife" (Luke 17:32)- so I need to stop looking back as I don't really fancy becoming a 'pillar of salt', either metaphorically or literally. Anyway- He is sending me blessings that are helping me walk out of reach of harm. I have to say, I feel so extremely blessed. It's crazy!

Well- family just got home from Wales! I better scoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?