Friday 21 May 2010

Laughter is the best medicine...

I had such a great day today...
We can just ignore my morning. The electricity died at home so I had no hair dryer and had to go to Med School looking like a drowned rat, which was pleasant. Then in the exam room I managed to trap my finger in a broken chair so I was in blinding pain when the exam was starting. But, oh well, when it ended- my day got better.


I walked down to the library with Ellie (a lovely person I met at the exam!) and met up with Monique to basically catch up... which I always love! She's just hilarious... some friends are just the amazing kind that you can be completely yourself around and you just understand each other- and that's what Mo and I are like. It was good to chat!

Then I went into Birmingham as I'd arranged to meet Daniel at the train station. Again- more chatting and laughter, and it's always so nice to get to know genuinely lovely people a little bit more! I walked away with a smile.

Then, tonight, I went out to Pizza Hut and bowling (Star City) with some of the Lichfield Stake YSA. Which was just great company.

So I found myself feeling really happy tonight... you just have to surround yourself with good friends and opportunities and life gives you soooo many reasons to smile.

Does it stop me missing 'him'- No.
But it makes me realise that life is beautiful, even when it's not quite as we would wish it to be.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?