Thursday 16 August 2012

1


1 day to go...

I think I'm officially out of ideas. We're on to 1 day to go people... how did we get here??? I woke up at 4:30am this morning and lay awake for an hour before, thankfully, drifting back to sleep. I dreamed I had a nosebleed- which probably has something to do with the fact that Ben's feigned "commitment nosebleeds". This is a huge commitment. HUGE

So.... here's the last number of my countdown! I'll probably be back in a week and a half with honeymoon snaps! 

1. "Make us one" - Ben and I are two people who strangely will be joined soon. When we were driving along yesterday Ben said to me, "this is our family. Just these people in the car." - we were alone. Our immediate family is reducing while our extended family is expanding. I love my family and it is hard to think that my immediate family is sort of shifting. They're always going to be my family, as Ben's will always be his, but we're forming a new unit. One unit- and it consists of Ben & I- us! I am looking forward to being "one" - of working together, reaching our goals and encouraging each other. I'm grateful to know I have a built in comfort- a "home" in the form of another person. Even if he does call me his "dependent"- (I, in return, have taken to agreeing that he can work and then give me money... it's a hard life!)! 

I love Ben and being "The McKees" of Lichfield ward might take me a while to get my head around- but I will. We're going to be referred to as one and I want to make sure that I do nothing to bar it from feeling that we really are a support and strength to each other. 

1 day...
IT'S TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
Phew- now maybe after tomorrow I can stop being Bridezilla!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?