Wednesday 8 August 2012

9


9 days to go!!!
1. 9 photos... I woke up this morning after last night's FAB shared Hen Party/Birthday Party having been tagged in this many photos by one of the Young Women who I THOUGHT loved me!! Unfortunately for YOU they're blurry... 

2. 9 is also the number of people who told me I looked good in that outfit last night. So far it's received more compliments than any other outfit I've tried on. It's a front-runner for the wedding day. 


3. The 9th month of the year is.... SEPTEMBER! The month of my birth. January is often heralded as the month of new starts but personally I think of September for that. It's the start of a new school year (well, until this year when that became June for me...) and for me the beginning of a new year of life. 

4. 9 is the amount of years I've known Alex (my UK-based best friend and adopted brother) for, this year. Basically, it's 8 years and a bit... so I'm cheating! 
5. 999... It's for emergencies and stuff! 

6. Nineties - Well, I may have seen 3 months of the eighties but I am through and through a nineties child. As proven by the fact that I can rap along with Will Smith to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air". 
 I grew up begging my parents to sleep in on Saturdays so I could watch SMTV, Power Rangers and Pokemon. 

My first crush was Jason David Frank- the Green ranger.  Then again, who could NOT love a man with that much muscle who also has the confidence to wear lip gloss? 

I think my taste in men may have changed slightly since then! 

7. 9 is a significant number in Lord of The Rings. Yes, I'm having a bit of a geek moment. This is not particularly because I'm a fan but because my sister is. (side note: MY favourite parts of the films largely consisted of glimpses of Orlando Bloom's lovely eyes- he became less appealing after Pirates of the Caribbean. I also liked the Uruk-hai shouting "FIND THE HALF-LING!"- made me jump.) There are nine rings, nine ring-wraiths and nine in the fellowship. The fact that I can name them all...? I have no real excuse: 
  1. Boromir
  2. Legolas
  3. Gimli
  4. Gandalf
  5. Frodo 
  6. Aragorn 
  7. Samwise
  8. Pippin
  9. Merry 
8. I like 9 as a number. It's a square and that sort of uniformity appeals to me as a registered control freak. 

9. All of the runners (bar the injured one!) ran the 100m in 9.?? seconds... Just a bit impressive!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Jason David Frank = so beautiful back in the day... I used to adore him as well! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?