Tuesday 7 August 2012

10


Ten day countdown
There are just ten days to go before I get married to Ben.
Frankly, I couldn't be more excited.

Ten things that have to do with ten!: 

  1. This song: 

2. Hands... we have ten fingers... you can give someone a 'high ten' (only if you're REALLY excited). They also wear rings... and we ALL know how important rings are! 


They can also be outstretched. Hands can aid and lift and help. They can do clever things with material. They give service. 
Having met a few amputees lately through my studies that had lost their dominant hand, it is amazing how hands adapt and cope to give you the best function you can achieve. 

Hands are clever. They're beautifully designed by a designer who always keeps His hands stretched out to us. 

They allow us to have that moment where you first realise you might really like someone: that moment where they first take your hand and the butterflies start. 

We "give our hand" in marriage. Our service, our support, our aid and our comfort. 

3. Tenth Gold Medal - Ok, so we're WAY over ten golds now BUT on Saturday, when I was in London, we won our tenth gold medal... that day we also won some other pretty significant ones. The tenth was the women's double sculls: Katherine Copeland and Sophie Hosking. I just love the olympics! 

4. The Ten Commandments. I couldn't really leave those out!

5. Ten Temples. The first year I went to America with my family (I was 7 or 8) I set a goal to see at least ten temples while we were there. You'd just have to drive around the Salt Lake area for a little bit now! As far as I can recall I think these were the ones we saw:


1 Provo
2 Salt Lake
3 Ogden
4 Mount Timpanogos
5 Las Vegas
6 San Diego 
7 LA
8 St George
9 Manti
10 Jordan River

If I'm right about all of these we really did do a LOT of travelling!!! 

6. Ten green bottles. One evening Ben rang me while he was driving back from somewhere he'd been for work. I was tired and was struggling to think of things to talk about (which doesn't ever really happen!) so to keep him going I started singing 'Ten green bottles' as loud as I could down the phone. He joined in with enthusiasm! It made me laugh and reminded me that I need to put effort in even when I am tired! 

7. Ten: the number of people in our Mace immediate-extended family: Dad, Mum, Charly, Jonathan, Becky, Alex, Holly, Spencer, Ben and I. The truth is, our family extends so much further than this! 

This doesn't take into account Ben's side- the side I'm gaining! It doesn't take into account much extension at all. So I'm kind of cheating because it hasn't included anything like the amount of people who I consider family. 

8. Ten to Ten - the time that we got into London on Saturday for our 'single ladies' day out. 

Ten is also probably the row that we would have preferred to be on rather than being on row two and coming out looking like we'd just been on the log flume. 

Amazing though- GREAT FUN! We probably walked around 10km around London too! And ate 10kg of pizza at Princi. 

9. Ben 10. I'm not really sure what Ben 10 is or does but it's some kind of cartoon character with the name Ben and presumably 10. So it seems to fit with this whole post. Plus... I was sitting on a train the other day hearing a little boy describing to his dad all of the Ben 10 characters. If I'd have paid more attention I'd be able to write a bit more! 

10. Ben and I met 10 months ago. It was November. A Birmingham dance. I certainly didn't know then that ten months later I would be marrying him! 

10 days to go!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?