Wednesday 15 August 2012

2



2 DAYS!!!
It's getting to the point now where it's impossible not to be apprehensive. The butterflies and the fear that sets in now is mostly akin to stage fright, though. I'm not scared to marry Ben. I made that decision and I knew then and know now that it was the right one. I know his weaknesses and strengths and I love him as a whole person and I believe he's under no delusions about me being perfect (which is great!) and I know that we'll make it work together: that at least 80% of our time together will be filled with laughter. The other 20% will consist of us working hard together so that we can have those 80%. 

So, here's the 2 significant 2s! 

1. Date number Two. Second chances. Strangely enough, for whatever reason, it just didn't click for Ben and I on date one. I wasn't clicking in to his humour and though he was polite and talkative and attractive I just didn't leave the date thinking of him in a romantic way at all. It was a pleasant weekend but that was it. However, I did agree to a second date. On that date suddenly it did all start to click. I realised that I really liked Ben and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said no! The week after, he asked again. I told him that he had seen my world but I would like to see his world before I decided to be his girlfriend. 

After meeting his parents the following weekend and spending the Saturday with him I felt like I knew him well enough to take a chance on a relationship. 

I am so grateful that I gave Ben that second chance- nothing about him changed but something in me did. I'm so grateful for that!!! 

2. Two rings. This works in two ways: his ring and mine OR my engagement ring and my wedding ring. Either way... there will be an exchange soon! 

2 days....
This past 4 months has flown!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?