Monday 3 September 2012

Real Strength


I'm not sure I'll be using this blog any more- we've moved!!! I've physically moved out of my parents house and in with my husband, and we have a combined blog now: Life In The Institution. I'm intending on posting most of my thoughts on there. 

However, today I just wanted to write about some things that I've been considering. 

I listened to a conference talk today that was so inspiring - and came home to prepare my YW lesson for sunday. It is on "living righteously amid pressures"- WOAH! Big topic. 

I suddenly couldn't get the following quote from Mulan out of my head, "No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it." I was thinking about the girls I'm teaching on Sunday and how they really are towers of strength. Women really can be that source of power. I'm just not sure that I knew when I was younger or even yet fully comprehend that I am a mountain and that the turbulence around me cannot touch me. It can move me but that is my decision. 

It's just a quick thought but I thought it was worth a share. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?