Monday 2 May 2011

Hope

Life is busy right now and I wanted to create some structured time for myself to think, so I read my scriptures and have been trying to think about the things that I read. I was particularly reading about Zeezrom. He's my favourite character in the scriptures, actually. Well, he's certainly one of them. I didn't read his story on purpose today but when I realised I was there I was excited. 

Zeezrom got things wrong. His questioning of Alma and Amulek got the people so riled up that they decided they wanted to kill them. Yet, when they answered him and did so by the spirit, knowing what he had within his thoughts he realised that they were men of God and he tried to stop the ball he had set rolling. Unfortunately, whether it was a result of his actions or not, the women and children who believed in the things Alma and Amulek had taught were put to death by the majority of the people of the city who did not believe. 

It was a horrible thing- and Zeezrom felt all the guilt that came about from what had happened. He realised how he'd affected other people and he was devastated to think that Alma and Amulek were going to die because of him. However, they broke free from the prison and were able to come to him and heal him. Most of all, I love that his healing was completely miraculous physically- but moreover, I love the fact that he was healed spiritually. We all need that from time to time. It reminds me of the Saviour telling the Pharisees that he was able to tell the lame man that his sins were forgiven him, before he showed this outwardly by telling him to take up his bed and walk. 

I know this is very scriptural and things- but I wanted to write my impressions and thoughts and this blog benefits me, mostly, so I wanted to write about it. 

Plus- aside from the spiritual, we all need a little bit of hope. We all need a little bit of sparkle in our lives to make us smile and make us realise that we can achieve more than we allow ourselves to at times. We can be better than we are. We can change ourselves and, in doing so, change the world. There is beauty to be found, Disney-love still to cherish and moments in the future that will take your breath away! I need to focus on the future and live my present in a way that doesn't prevent any of that delight. I've got things I need to do to be the person I want to be. Today is the best day to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?