Monday 23 May 2011

The dangers of tidying one's room


Yes, another stressed blog from yours truly.

Today I had my first flying experience. That may sound fun. It was not. My flying lesson happened courtesy of my lovely bear rug, bought for me by my darling Benjamin. It is now my least favourite item that reminds me of him. It may look innocent enough but when you catch your foot on that bear head I can tell you that as you fly through the air to an uncertain landing the following thought, passes through your mind: "Why didn't I get rid of this thing?" ... of course, you might not actually have that thought as you sail through the air. More likely your mind is going through a string of strong words. It might not be until three seconds after you land that you have that original thought.

Yet, the rug is still on my floor. It looks decidedly ignorant of the pain it just caused; but I am going to keep a suspicious eye on it.

Rug: 1     Me: 0

But it's not even half time yet...

I also had a bit of a battle with a shelf. I was bending down to pick some things up from down the side of my bed and as a stood up I backed into it. I yelled, "OW!" and somehow that made it feel better. Therefore, despite removing a layer of my skin, the shelf did not truly succeed.

In less 'nonsense' news- I have an exam tomorrow- an OSCE! My first OSCE. Now an OSCE is an Objective Structure Clinical Examination. Tomorrow I have to:

  • Take a blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer 
  • Check Visual Fields
  • Take a Peak Expiratory Flow
  • Do a neurological examination of the lower limb- power, reflexes, tone, coordination and muscle mass
I've been practising today. To be honest, we're just going to hope I manage to do it with more grace and dignity than the way in which I tidy my room! 

Other things of note: today was email day... Ben never fails to amuse me with his sarcasm and dry tone. He sent three pictures today- "to prove I'm still beautiful" - Haha... I feel like I should post one on here. He looks just how I remember him and it was two years ago! I think I've changed a bit... 

Him and I, 2009!
Him- Present!
Me - Present!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?