Saturday 12 June 2010

What better way to celebrate birth than a near death experience?

Becky, my younger sister, turned 18 this weekend and it has been a very active, crazy birthday!

For one thing, she decided we would go coasteering on her special day...

I don't think we knew quite what to expect when we got there, but we soon found ourselves scrambling, swimming, crawling, climbing and jumping!! I was so proud of myself for the things I did- though admittedly there was a definite moment where I began to have a mental breakdown on the side of the cliff. I was dizzy and shaking with my toes hanging over the edge! However, I did it- and all the pictures that you can see of a small figure hurtling towards the sea are, in fact, me!



It was a terrifying, great experience and one which will be remembered all the more fondly as we look back on it from the comfort and warmth of home!
Other than the coasteering; there was a party at our home on Friday night and then a family gathering on Sunday, which was absolutely lovely. It was great to have everyone gathered as my immediate family won't be able to go to the next family event- baby Harry's blessing- due to being on holiday.

But, all in all, a very wonderful birthday for Becky which I don't think she'll forget in a hurry, which is awesome. Mom is very good at making things happen like that- though I think my 21st in September will probably be a bit more relaxed. I'm more inclined towards a spa day or something of that nature- though it'd be fun to have a party at the house too. I've set up a facebook group already just to see who would be interested in coming if I was to have a party of that nature!

In church, it could spread quite wide!

So, plans for the rest of the week- I'm working for 18 hours tonight/tomorrow. Eleven hours at one place, then travelling to the next and working there for 7 hours- then home to sleep!... or, most likely, watch Glee!

Then, Lauren might come down to visit from the far, far north-east on Thursday/Friday, which would be really nice as I haven't seen her since we went to the Lake District together in Jan/Feb! I think we'll probably have a lot to natter about! Then, on Saturday, I'm going to Gadfield Elm- a church historic site- with the Lichfield YSA, which should be fun as we have a coach and everything. It'll be a really nice day out.

Becky's back into exams today and hopefully they'll go well.

I have to plan lots of things to keep me awake tonight- I'm going to be cross-stitching and writing letters, I think!

If you read this- you poor thing, you must be so bored! =p I love that I write a public blog which is really only for my own personal benefit. When I get older perhaps I shall have wisdom to impart on here that will benefit others- for now...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?