Friday 18 June 2010

Bitter and the sweet





I love the analogy of life being like a series of corridors with lots of doors to choose from.
Some doors are locked to us permanently based on other doors we've opened in the past.
Some doors require a key to open it meaning that we have to go through a different door first in order to obtain it.
Sometimes in life there is only one door we can possibly go through.
But some of the most wonderful moments in life come when we have many doors open to us:
It is beautiful that we can see that we have so many options,
and these are also the moments in which we grow.
We learn from making decisions.

Heavenly Father has designed it that way and he's also given us ways to help choose the right doors to go through.

At this point in my life; a door has been opened to me!

I just got my results from my Medical School exam and I passed meaning that if I choose to, I can go on to my Second Year as a student of Medicine. That is Door #1.

Door #2 is the option of studying Chemistry at Leeds University.

Maybe it isn't the long term view- but for today, at least, I'm just going to revel in the fact that my pathway to being a doctor is not yet closed, and I may still be able to get there!

I think my decision will have to involve a lot of thought and prayer and fasting; but I am happy to know that I have these options in front of me. I love Health Care and I'm excited to feel like I can succeed once more! With a lot of hard work, I could even end up in a better place in my education than I was before. I really am going to work my socks off if I go back. I might even use fictional doctors as my inspiration to give me something to aspire to. If I go back, my aim will be to be on Doctor House's team one day.

Hey!- At least it's better than aspiring to become Elliot Reid!

Medicine is life... my sister is in the hospital at the moment, having been bucked off a horse yesterday... she's ok.
We also got some bad news about a close relative being diagnosed with cancer recently. I don't want to write about it too much on here. It's a difficult moment for my family. But we're all together.

And that's really what life is about.

We laugh together and cry together.
We play together and bear things together.
We rejoice together and mourn together.

Life is full of opposites.
D&C 29:39- if we didn't know the bitter, we could never have the sweet.

Heavenly Father is always there for us. Whether it's an answer we need, or comfort.
We just have to reach out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?