Sunday 6 June 2010

Sabbath day...


I'm not exactly Carrie Bradshaw, admittedly, but I couldn't resist putting this picture up on here because to me, that is what I like to do and how you will often find me. On my bed, typing on my computer, with my phone to my ear.

Side note: (Not to worry anyone but there was a spider in my room earlier, in the right corner. Now it is nowhere to be seen.
AH! On closer inspection, it has now been located on the wall behind me. They're sneaky things, those spiders. I might even just have to spin around so it can't creep up on me...)





Anyway- I have spent a good part of this day reading Jesus The Christ. I am now into chapter 12, and am on the portion of His life spent with His disciples; performing miracles, teaching and preparing for the events that He knew must occur. I have had this song in my head all day, and I want to put it on here now. It is definitely up there with my favourite religious songs. I particularly love the alto part.




"Oh to Grace, how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!"



Close this windowMemory is a funny thing, and sometimes it lets us down. However, if we remember every day who it is that we owe this amazing opportunity for earth life to and realise that every day is a gift; a chance to realise who we are and to get back to our maker. Reading Jesus The Christ gave me a chance to think about my Father in Heaven as a real person.


This picture by Liz Lemon Swindle entitled: "Even Superman Needs A Dad" brings tears to my eyes when I think that we sometimes view ourselves as independent people- maybe even super- and in reality we are so reliant on our Father in Heaven.

I'm going to finish with the words from 'Growing Young':

And I remember my Father's house...
What I wouldn't give right now
Just to see Him and hear Him tell me that He loves me so much...

When I remember who I am in relation to Him, I realise that it would be foolishness to settle for anything less than doing the absolute best I can to go back to Him. I have a long way to go, but it is good to know that His hand is outstretched...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?