Tuesday 15 June 2010

Giggling again... :)

Life has taken a slightly serious tone recently- or my view of it has- so I thought I'd write on here a few things that I have giggled at or had fun with today.

I worked for 18 hours yesterday/today and as soon as I got finished I was in dire need of three things:
1) Sleep
2) Cuddles
3) FOOD


Of the three, my stomach demanded that the third take precedent- so on my way home I called in at Marks and Spencer. To my horror and disappointment I couldn't find a Caesar Salad in the whole shop!
I was not to be deterred- I bought blueberries and my favourite cookies- telling the checkout girl all about my 18hour shift as I did so, poor girl- and made my way to Tesco- as I know they do a faaaabulous caesar salad which is, perhaps, my favourite ever. I grabbed it and ran back to the car and used the fork I had procured on my visit to M&S to absolutely demolish the salad, there and then.


As an avid calorie reader (I read them just so I can be shocked by my consumption, vow never to do the same and then completely ignore them) I quickly realised that within 5 minutes I had managed to eat 400 calories worth of salad, along with 110 calories worth of blueberries. That wouldn't have been so bad... BUT we're forgetting something... yes, that's right, the cookies. Those fabulous melt-in-your-mouth cookies...

This is the point where I have to be completely honest with myself... eeek!... I destroyed 3 of these before the idea that I shouldn't eat the whole packet even occurred to me. I remind you at this point that I hadn't eaten since dinner time the day before and it was around 4pm. Still, it does not excuse the fact that I had polished off 375 calories worth of cookies before I could stop myself!



The diet starts tomorrow- AS ALWAYS!!!
Anyway, food (vital though it is) aside, there was something that made me laugh more than my humongous appetite on the way home.


It happened as I was at a crossroads, with traffic lights. I don't think it's probably funny to anyone who didn't see it, but it made me chuckle like mad!

This diagram will help me to explain! MOG and I are represented by the blue car and we are waiting at the traffic lights. I was watching the traffic crossing and all of a sudden I see this woman in her car who is yawning- it was the most gigantic yawn I had ever seen- and at the same time she was sort of leaning back in a position you might imagine one to be in when in a chariot, holding the horses reigns in your hand. With the mouth wide open and the position she was in, I was reminded of Queen Boudicea!



I actually shook with laughter. Perhaps that was more to do with being drunk on fatigue?
I'm going to maintain that it was amusing.

I watched the last episode of Glee in this series today, as well. It was quite lovely. They all talked a lot about how much they love each other. Aw!

Anyway, I have nothing vital to write and it seems a shame to drag this out so- BYE! =)

Oh, and as I've only mentioned one of the needs being met, of the three needed- that's because I am about to sleep NOW (I had 3 hours earlier) and I have yet to have my cuddles...

*Looks around for Mister Act*

Teddies it is!!!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?