Sunday 19 February 2012

Thank Goodness For Friends!


Oh, what a great week!

I was so fortunate this week to be able to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in TOO long. It's so wonderful to be able to see someone that you haven't seen for a while and have a good chat about things that have happened. I find that lots happens in life so it's fun to exchange stories; whether that's on a Starbucks date, playing laser quest or even by letter! I love friends who share their lives with me! 

I got missionary post this week from a friend of mine who is serving in Kentucky, USA. His letter was honest, fresh and funny as well as giving me a huge spiritual boost. He sent me the Bruce R McConkie talk 'The Purifying Power of Gethsemane' which made me think a lot about my feelings towards my Saviour and what He has done for me and led me to a personal desire to study passages of scripture that relate to the atonement. I commenced with Isaiah 53 and am trying to keep good notes about what I study. I guess we can all do more to understand that event and the miraculous way in which it was accomplished and why it happened and how it changed everything. I love friends who inspire me! 

We had a fun experience this week with the car breaking down on the motorway on the way back from dropping Charly at Chester (where she is now living and working). The tow truck, fortunately, got us back to Lichfield despite our pity for the poor man who was supposed to stop work at 9pm and was called out to fetch us at 8:45pm. Being stranded for a significant amount of time on the M6 might have been absolutely horrible if it wasn't for the company of people who were determined to make it fun by taking great delight over the fact that we had to eat at KFC and that we got to ride in a tow truck. I love friends who see the sunny side to life- and help me see it! 

One of the sad things about this week was being released from my calling on the Young Women's Presidency in Lichfield. The girls in our care are incredible people! Who knows what will happen next- but I was grateful to spend the time I did with the girls who I had the privilege to teach and plan activities for. I love friends who set an example in their youth! 

Our home was full of people again this weekend and it was lovely. We all lean on each other and I feel so glad to be in a place where we can get the support we need. In turn, we can give that support to others. I love friends who are not afraid to ask for help! 

The people we have in our lives are such a huge blessing! 
I hope I can express that feeling more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?