Saturday 24 December 2011

Mace Family Christmas Eve!


It is Christmas eve and I can't quite believe that it's only 3 hours until Christmas day is here! It really does seem to have crept up on me but it has been an amazing season of good will and friendship.

Today I had breakfast with the family and then went for a very fresh walk at Cannock Chase with my boyfriend. It was great to spend some time just chatting and laughing together- I'm always grateful for people taking time out for me. We came back to my house and ate dinner with the family before exchanging gifts. It's always exciting to see how people react to things you get them and I was pretty nervous! Luckily he was excited about my present. His to me was really thoughtful- I couldn't have picked better myself! Then (in keeping with Christmas eve tradition) we (Mom, Dad, Charly, Jonathan, Becky, Nana, Alex, Dave and I) went to the cinema to see Sherlock Holmes II. It was a great film and I very much enjoyed Jude Law.

We got home and went straight down to the ward Christmas Eve gathering at church. It was lovely because I got to see a friend I have known since I was 3 years old.

After coming home, Becky and I decided it was onesie time. I bought a snowman onesie and a panda onesie and we got dressed up and very much enjoyed our hyperactive-Christmas-eve time playing with the dog and reading "How the Grinch stole Christmas", "Twas the night before Christmas" and parts of the Book of Mormon together.

I'm just so excited now for Christmas tomorrow: the food, the company, going to church... all of it. Generally, I love the good-cheer of the season and the Christmas spirit which is Christ's spirit. Of all the friends that I've ever had who've been wonderful there is only one who has been there for me every time I've needed Him. And we're celebrating His birth tomorrow! I know that He lives!

Life is gorgeous and wonderful because of the birth of the Saviour of the world. There is so much hope, love and joy in this festivity and in the flurry of presents tomorrow I hope I take a moment to pause and recall the one who makes happiness possible. He makes my dreams tangible.
So, as I stay awake tonight unable to sleep for excitement I know that Santa is not the source of my joy. There's someone greater than him who provides blessings that are better than the material things and He provides them every day of the year! Tomorrow is a day for gratitude!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?