Saturday 6 August 2011

More Triumphs from a Domestic Goddess in embryo


I have had another beautifully busy week travelling all over the country; London, Blackpool (to visit my zoo-keeper-sister)... thus, in my restful day at home I determined to get out my cupcake recipe book and try something new. Having all the ingredients already at home, the cinnamon cupcake was an obvious choice. However, the recipe book didn't tell me which topping to put with it... *dramatic pause to take in the true horror of my predicament*

My mother talked about a cream cheese topping she had tried on someone else's cupcakes being delightful and so, despite Ben's scepticism, that is what I did... kind of! I added a little vanilla and a lot of cinnamon to tie it in with the flavour of the cake, and dusted cinnamon and a little sprinkling of chocolate flake over the top. Looking at them, I was not overly convinced... they don't have the tempting power of the black forest cupcakes that I love so much but when I put aside the prejudice and tried them they were actually pretty good.

Next, I have promised the boyfriend (who is a HUGE fan of all things sweet) that I will try some kind of white chocolate themed cupcake. I love having time to enjoy the simple things of life!

In other news: EFY is rapidly approaching and I could not be more excited. I went to cybercandy in Birmingham today and bought some little things for some of the handouts for my girls!

Note to self: Try and not drag my poor boyfriend around Birmingham shopping in the future- particularly try and avoid the journey to the baby clothes in the Disney store. Poor guy! Haha.