Saturday 6 August 2011

Eight legged freaks


Ok, so the second after I wrote my last blog I looked up and out of the corner of my eye saw something black scurrying along by the skirting board. As it is night time and I doubt my father would take kindly to being disturbed from his slumber by what he would term a "tiddly one" (and I would term "a fiend of the abyss"/"a MAHOOSIVE spider"/"evil personified") I decided that I am a brave grown up girl and I could handle the situation.

The first challenge was not letting it get out of my sight. It ran immediately behind a basket that holds... well, anything I throw in it, really. After searching (very gingerly) for ten minutes around and in this basket I noticed it crawl out from behind said basket. The positive thing was that while searching through the basket I had found hairspray... now, people have told me that hairspray can be a great weapon against spiders. Unfortunately as I started spraying the FotA (fiend of the abyss) the hairspray ran out. It took this opportunity to scurry inside my wardrobe.

Not to be beaten, I grabbed the next nearest aerosol I could find; deodorant. I started spraying the spider as it ran into the wardrobe and down a little hole. I stood for the next ten minutes spraying said hole before realising that I was achieving nothing- it had escaped.

Thus I am now nervously awaiting the return of a very confused, wonderfully fragrant spider; and have determined that a cup is still the most useful implement we have in the battle against these Fs otA.

Yours in all spider-destroying faithfulness,

H
x