Monday 28 May 2012

No Place Like Home


I have a tendency to be quite patriotic anyway but I have to say that my love for England does fluctuate and over the past few days it has been excessive due to the sudden infusion of beautiful sunshine. My over-enthusiasm led me to spend one entire day in the garden thereby turning myself into a fluorescent lobster. (I highly recommend sun-cream!) As a result of this self-inflicted injury, my summer attire now consists of floaty long-sleeved shirts but despite this I am not complaining!

My ideal holidays consist of a beach or pool, glorious sunshine and something great to read (I can comfortably get through 6 or 7 books in a 2 week holiday- a packing nightmare); yet, after a few days of doing this I find myself feeling lazy and sluggish and needing something more. Sometimes this is an evening out around a city to wander round and soak up the atmosphere; or a day seeing something historical or cultural. Sometimes it's a day at a theme park. I like to relax and I like adventure, new sights and memory-making.

In the sun, England is my ideal holiday destination. Perhaps I should say Britain, because I've spent some wonderful moments on beaches in South-Wales. We have such a wealth of beauty in our country. I love the Lake District, the Cotswolds, the Derbyshire Dales. I love our history including remarkable buildings that have romantic ties to the past (pictured: Lyme Park). To the other extreme; I love London. I'm proud of what we have here and though the 'Great'ness of Britain may be seen as a thing of the past, I am still grateful to live in this country.

Anyway- that's enough of talking about it. I still have 60 pages of my book to read and I intend to get out there and enjoy it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?