Tuesday 25 October 2011

Pizza-related Problems


WOOOOOOO-OOOH--OOOH--OOOH-OOOOH... Your stove is on FIRE! 


Firstly I just want to make sure that everyone knows that the things written on this blog and in fun and are completely tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately that is just my humour and it is, admittedly, appalling. Not as appalling as a friend of mine who will remain nameless *coughmelissacough* who once laughed at the idea of a man being decapitated as a result of a road traffic accident, but still quite bad. 


I often refer to myself as a Domestic Goddess in training. In fact, some of my endeavours (mainly cupcakes) have been rather successful. However today I hit an all time low in my achievements thus far in the culinary department.

I put some pizzas in the oven (child's play, right?) and it was up to temperature. All of a sudden I realised it was smoking. Not a little bit. Like, clouds of smoke threatening to envelope the whole room, house and street. I was quite alarmed so I did the honourable thing and frantically made a phone call to my mother.

She didn't pick up.

Fortunately, my father got home as the frantic non-phone call ended and he was able to get inside the oven and remove the cause...

...A yet unnoticed tray of food remains left in the bottom of the oven.

I hope you are all enjoying the laughter at my stupidity.
It really was the cherry on the icing of a bewildering week!

I have one question: Who leaves bits of food in the bottom of their oven?
I intend to put in a complaint to management. I fear the answer may come in the phrase, "a bad workman always blames his tools." I'm not entirely sure that wouldn't be justified.

Having written this blog I have suddenly realised that I seem to find a lot of pleasure out of the unpleasant moments of life. 
Laughter is important to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?