Sunday 16 October 2011

In Praise of the Vulnerable Man


Numerous times when I was growing up I was encouraged to make lists of traits and accomplishments I would prefer or require in my future spouse. The lists usually looked a little something like this:

I guess when we are young we all kind of wait with bated breath for our handsome Prince to come charging over the mountain with his white steed to rescue you from all that is difficult in your life. This post is not about those kinds of men or even the men who live up to every idea we conceive about our ideal man before we meet our life partner. This IS about men who give their all. It IS about men that put in 110%. It IS about men who love deeply, give freely and increase in strength gradually. I just want to say- I love those men. They have so many things that, in retrospect, should have been on my list.

Here's to the men who are patient, kind, loyal, respectful, honest, thoughtful, humble, compassionate, peacemaking and sweet. Thank you for the strength that you provide with your vulnerability. May there be more like this in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?