Sunday 23 October 2011

Lesson In Leaving



Due to recent events in my life I have had to put on a stoic demeanour more than I ever have had to before. I am quite emotionally drained as a result but I am really very happy due to the support and love I've had from friends today. 

I love being on the Young Women's presidency in my ward. The girls show me an enormous amount of love and their compassion and care was so needed today. On top of that, it means I get to spend time with the rest of the presidency who are just wonderful. I heard some much-needed words of kindness from them today and it touched me how much they also cared for me and the trivialities of my life. 

Then there were YSA friends who put up pictures and made me laugh today; or were in touch by text; or offered their support over the phone. Lauren even invited me to go to the temple with her this weekend and I hope that I am able to go and spend time there. How incredible is it that the things I need are just there as soon as I need it. They catch me when I fall. I know my Heavenly Father is aware of me because those I love have rallied round me and everything I really need has been offered to me. 

Finally, a friend from medical school noticed the concern of the girls who wrote on my facebook and she also offered her support.

Scars fade but I will never forget the kindness that has been shown to me over the past two days. Your faces will always be dear to me. 

I am having a serious 'Lesson in Leaving' as the country song says. At the end of the day, no matter what happens, I have a Heavenly Father who I know loves me. He has promised that if I follow Him, He will be there. I spoke in church today about Seeking the Saviour. It kind of sums up exactly how I feel right now. I'm not brilliant at talks but I felt that I really knew my topic here and I probably felt that way because of the experiences of the last few days- it's acute right now. 

I still believe passionately in love. I believe in people and their ability to be wonderful. I love love. 
I am determined not to let bad moments dictate how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?