Thursday 6 January 2011




I could begin with saying that I haven't blogged in a while, but that is obvious from the date between this blog and my last. Suffice to say that I have had a very busy run up to Christmas, Christmas and New Year. It was a wonderful blur of family, Christianity and presents. I really enjoyed it.

One of my biggest issues over Christmas was to find peace. I wanted to make sure that in my heart I was reconciled with things from this year in order to 'Remember Lot's Wife' by leaving them behind and never looking back. I feel like this was achieved. I had some really great times with members of my extended family that I just don't see very often. A highlight was in seeing the very little ones in our family: two of my cousins children (E and H), my new cousin and his brother (J and J) and on the other side of the family it was nice to spend time with two more young cousins and another of my cousins children. Both my maternal and paternal extended families are great. I'm so blessed to have them.

It would be wrong of me to not mention my calling at this time, also. I am the second counsellor on the Young Women's presidency at the moment in my ward and I am so excited about it. I am teaching the Mia Maid class and it just helps me so much to go back through this programme again. The girls are amazing and give me so much hope for the future. They know who they are.


It's just wonderful and incredible to have that sure knowledge that you are a daughter or son of God with so much potential. I got a letter from a friend who is on a mission (London South), recently, and He sent me a scripture chain that made me think along those same lines. Without the strength of our Father, we are nothing. My parents provide me with financial, emotional, educational, spiritual and physical support while I cannot provide these things for myself. They love me and want to give me those things, but I also have to abide by a few of their rules to get that support, which is definitely not unreasonable. Their rules are there so that one day I will grow strong enough to support myself in all those areas, and will still live by the rules simply because I know that it's the best way. Our Heavenly Father is no different; except that our parents are human and might not be perfect in everything. If we follow our Heavenly Father we will be so happy. I just know it and I am excited to grow in my faith along with the Young Women! :)

I'm managing to get through this blog without talking about medicine, so I'll try and keep that up!

I'm just so grateful at the moment for the people who are around me that love me and look after me so well. I have a great family and a few friends that are so unbelievably precious that they may as well be family. It's funny because I've never been the kind of person who sticks to a group of friends who do everything together; yet somehow people have always been placed in my life when I've needed them. Who am I particularly thinking about right now?:

Shona - who has been such an amazing constant friend and has never told me off for being too busy to go and see her as often as I would have liked. Starbucks dates!!!

Lauren - who makes me giggle until my sides hurt, doesn't judge but tells me things honestly. And she jumps on the train and comes to see me when it has simply been too long.

Tommy - what can I say? He's a new friend but he's constantly there to talk or listen. Totally invaluable. Everyone should have one of these. :) And he puts up with my jokes about America ADMIRABLY!

Alex - my brother from another mother and father. We've just been through SO MUCH together. They've been times where I cried with laughter with him, and times where I wanted to strangle him. There's a thin line between love and hate and we've proved it!!! But I just love him so much. He's constantly correcting me and contradicting me; but he also never judges me. He's family.

Michael - another person who made me laugh loads in 2010. He is a wonderful person and I admire him so much. He's a good friend and gives me the right kind of peer pressure.

Monique - someone else I never spend enough time with!!! I wish I was still living next door to her! I get to be silly around Mo and sometimes I need that. She brings out my ridiculous side. :)

Though, these are just some of the amazing people who have made me smile over the last year. I just love that Heavenly Father opens windows when He closes a door. I've been without the person I considered my closest companion for the last 18 months but I've been given so much to fill my life with... so many wonderful people... I'm excited for this year. I'm excited to develop friendships with people I'm starting to get to know and to make new memories with the family and friends I already have.

I have absolutely no reason not to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?