Wednesday 17 November 2010

In the hands of a Master Teacher

I feel like every day at the moment I am being taught something new.


I keep looking back on my life to this date and am so surprised to see the lessons that I have learned along the way; and with that knowledge comes the feeling that I have so much more to learn. I want to reflect on the life lessons I have gained. I'm not sure what they are specifically but perhaps if I type I will have time to pause and truly discover... well... myself, really.



I have learned:

-that I can't get by without my family. They form a huge part of who I am.

-not to judge a book by its cover. Some of the greatest friends I have- some of the greatest people in my life- are not people I would have chosen to spend time with. This may because of superficial things, or things I perceive as barriers to my friendship with them. In reality we are never so different from someone that we cannot find a level whereby we can communicate.

-that I am capable.



"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

-that life is something that teaches us every day; and we need our Heavenly Father to navigate these life lessons, safely.

-that it is ok for someone to be more intelligent, more beautiful or more popular than you. It does not take away from who you are.

-to take my development into my own hands and independently set myself tasks to further my growth; allowing the spirit to direct me in my selections.

-the importance of taking time to breathe in the moments that make life beautiful.

-to set worry aside.

"Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as

effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm
on some idle Tuesday." - Baz Luhrmann


-that no matter how many disappointments you have in life, you have to move forward with hope and faith in the future.

-that sometimes it is necessary to comfort-eat. On such occasions, Ben & Jerry are invaluable friends.

-that there are so many different views of the world.

-to cry when I need to.

-that sleep is absolutely essential for keeping 'grumpy' at bay.

-that the world is small; lives are short and enjoyment must be maximised.

-that rules are not there to tie our hands; they are there to lift us to heights of confidence and joy that can only be reached through achievement, motivation and discipline.

-to look at the beautiful things in this world and focus on the good.

-that we must become educated before we can change things.

-that however big you are in your pond, there's always a bigger pond out there. So be nice to the smaller fish because you never know when you'll be one!

-to trust in God. Human nature dictates that we look for an anchor; we need something that does not change. God is the only thing in this world that we can always rely on 100%. People, with the best of intentions, don't always know what is good for us; but He does.

I'm finished musing for now! More insane ramblings sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?