Tuesday 13 July 2010

Je voudrais un baguette, sil vous plait...?

Love is a powerful thing.
It's a small word that can change so much.

It lifts you up to heights you never imagined
and it can make you feel worse than waking up from your worst nightmare.

In the right hands; it's a gift,
in the wrong hands; a weapon.
You have to be careful who you give your love to.

I am a member of the facebook group "Disney gave me unrealistic expectations about love".


This last week, I was in Disneyland, Paris. Despite the slightly preachy and patronising statements that could be seen as somewhat chauvinistic coming, as they were, from Minnie, the female mouse such as: "Cooking is the best thing ever!"- not so 'subliminal' messages!- I did like most of the other things I heard.
The women in Disney often long for their 'Prince'- it seems that any Prince will do... which reminded me of YSA sometimes! I likened YSA to musical chairs this week. Everyone's so anxious that the music will stop and they'll have no seat!

Yet, it was Princess Tiana's statement that made me drop some of my cynicism and adopt a Disney-induced grin.

Holding her frog, she said, "I want you all to meet my best friend!" Kissing him, she stepped backwards and (after a lot of dry ice) her Prince appeared. Maybe it was a tad vomit-inducing rather than smile-inducing, but I must confess that it warmed my heard right up. I hope someday to be able to introduce my husband using similar words.

My confidence in men has been tested lately. There seem to be a lot of people in this world who are happy to act like disney characters- the outward show... the smiles, the waves and talking the talk. In 2-D love what we see is merely a shadow of the 'walking the walk' that is the product of true love.

I'm going to keep holding out for a love that is totally 3-D... :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?