Tuesday 20 July 2010

Finding myself




I feel like a lot of my time at the moment is spent in meditation and consideration of what I really want and what's really important to me. The painting here is, perhaps, my favourite Monet and I saw it in the Musee D'Orsay recently.

I don't know what it is about it. Maybe the way her head is held high, facing straight in front of her. Maybe the fact that she herself seems so unshaken by the wind- there is only a scarf that tells the true story. I can identify with that. Sometimes there is so much going on inside; but outside it is amazing if I can retain the stillness I need. Because, sometimes that's all you can do. Be still... and know that Heavenly Father understands all the things that are going on beneath the surface. He can see that, though we are standing still, the scarf is flapping around like crazy on the breeze.

It's an amazing picture. I love the way artwork can be so inspiring.

It can give you the confidence to act in a way you never thought you would.

It can make you realise hidden truths.

Mostly, for me, at the moment artwork and music and anything like that, seems to me to touch a place in my soul that is the part that yearns and longs for the most beautiful things in life. For love and for marriage and for family. It really does speak to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?