Friday 30 April 2010

Nearer, Dear Saviour, to Thee



This morning I read a little bit of 'Jesus the Christ' and prayed afterwards. I am amazed at how well He knows me, and the song above came into my head. I felt that He heard me. I know He does, without a shadow of a doubt. Isn't it strange? I can't actually imagine not knowing the things I do.

I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, personally.
I know that He provided a way for me to return to Him, and that He was willing to do anything to make that possible.
I know that the Saviour willingly gave up His life because His perfection and state as both God and Man made Him the only person who could do that for us. He did it because He loves us, and because He loves the Father and will always do His will.
I know that through Him, all of our cares are lifted. Our burdens are made light.
I know He loves us even in our imperfections... He is there always, cheering us on and eager to welcome us home. He wants us to reach up when we struggle.

"Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize
how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us."
Ezra Taft Benson
(13th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)


With that quote in mind, I will end this blog with an amazing thought-provoking song and video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?