Thursday 22 April 2010

New determination


I haven't blogged in absolutely ages! It's been 2 months!
My life has seemed to fly by, to be honest... so much has been happening and I feel like I lost track. In more ways than one! I am now more determined than ever to reign everything in and try and get something right... I need to get my life back on track.


Of course, me being myself- I am going to make lists and plans. Half of these will be completely forgotten within a matter of minutes and amongst the forgotten will be elements such as a new exercise regime, a new resolve to eat well and probably some sickly-sweet idea to express affection to those around me. However, I am determined that some things will stick.

I have a list of books that I want to read to expand my mind and to give it something productive to seize upon. I think generally when my mind is active and I am productive I make better decisions than when I am not so engaged. My bored mind gets complacent and indifferent. I tend to drift along... which may be fine, and even healthy... unless you miss a sign that says something like this:
Then it becomes something of a catastrophic issue.


I have been listening to this talk a lot recently by Neil L. Andersen of the Twelve Apostles.
LDS.org - Ensign Article - “Repent … That I May Heal You”

It's been an amazing thing to listen to, it really has. It's given me so much hope and conviction of the Saviour's love. I'm currently making a video with my favourite quotes from things I've recently read, and that will be going up on here within the next few days.
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?