Sunday 4 October 2009

Saying Goodbye again...



So, this weekend has been all about my brother, as is appropriate due to the fact that tomorrow he flies out to the MTC in Provo to learn Spanish for 6 weeks before flying out to Chile, Vina del Mar mission.


I have been thinking a lot this week about the sacrifice that it is to go on a mission. It has been on my mind because of Aaron, Alex and Ben who are currently serving; not just because of the sacrifice Jonathan is making. I have always known my brother was going to go on a mission one day, and yet somehow being here, in this position, it's still not the easy option. It would be so easy for him to have decided not to go. But I am glad that he knows that the gospel is true, and as such is going out there to share it.




Aaron, Alex, Ben and Jonathan.
What can I say?
How blessed am I to have people in my life who are making these decisions.
Who know that the gospel is true and are willing to sacrifice their lives for 2 years in order to share that with other people.

It's conference weekend and I am excited to hear the words of prophets and apostles. One of the reasons is that I know that there are 3 guys out there who are watching each session, and using it as an opportunity to fill their lamps with oil.

I am grateful for friends and family who inspire me, and make me want to be better than I am.

xxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?