Saturday 31 October 2009

Recent Blessings...


I have a lot to be grateful for at the moment. I've been going out teaching with the sister missionaries a little recently which has been wonderful; just to be with them and talk with them and feel that spirit of missionary work. Institute and YSA looks set to be really great this year, and I've enjoyed being at meetings to do with that.



Above all, I have been really blessed to find a job. I'm going to working full-time at Boots in the fragrance section. Mom laughed at me and told me that she only ever sees bimbos on the beauty counters at Boots, so apparently I fit that mould! Personally, I think my life would look even nicer as a 1950s movie:


What else has been good recently?

I'm working hard on a self-set crafts project. :) I'm pretty proud of myself.

The Musical Fireside on Friday night was a lot better than I expected. I sang with the RS choir, performing 'The Lord is my Shepherd' and then Kendal, Amanda and I sang 'I stand all amazed'. It was generally such a nice night with many people getting involved- it was particularly nice to see the Young Women singing, and to hear Amanda play the cello.

I also went to my first ever 'classical' concert this week. I went to see Einaudi at the Symphony Hall, and it was honestly one of the most inspirational and awe-some experiences of my life. My eyes were so glued to the stage and I didn't even want to breathe for fear of breaking the magic. It was totally captivating, so I'm very lucky that I was invited to go.

It was great to go to Manchester just over a week ago, as well. So fabulous to see some of my favourite people.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my cousin! :) Haha. I'm going to go to church at Nuneaton and then to the Penfold household for dinner! It should be fun. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family; people who really make an effort to be friends as well as just what they have to do as a family obligation! It's lovely. Mark is definitely up there with my favourite cousins! I have a lot of cousins, though, so I couldn't possibly name favourites! :)

It's been nice to be able to talk religion with the Sister Missionaries. I get so much out of our discussions. I miss Religious Studies and constantly talking religion. I love religion so much... I love people's views. Most of all, I love the clarity that I get from the gospel. The truth that comes from the Book of Mormon and revelation through the Holy Ghost is just so overwhelmingly wonderful. It speaks to me on a logical level, firstly- it feels like I've always known these things. Like an archetype. But, more than that... it speaks to my spirit of things as they really are.

I love the gospel.
I love the fact that God is the same yesterday, today and forever and continues to speak to His children.
I love the fact that grace and works are interlinked, as this seems like the only way that the scales of justice and mercy ever could be balanced.
I love that through the atonement Jesus Christ has made it possible for us to go back to our Heavenly Father... if we reach out for Him. If we put it at the centre of our lives.

I love truth.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?