Thursday 5 November 2009

Working girl...

I have a job.

I have a job lined up for next time I need work.

Everything is keeping me in Birmingham rather than at home.

All in all, it's worked out even better than I ever expected it would.


I feel so ridiculously blessed and lucky, even when I come home shattered and feeling like I can't stand up any more. The only thing that would be better is to come home to someone who'll give me a cuddle and talk to me about my day, or if I can't face going through it all again, just offer to get me some soup or tell me about his day... oh yeah, that's right, I don't want a mom or anything to be looking after me any more, I want a man! But as I don't see that happening any time soon, when I get home sometimes it's hard to keep positive. No, that's not true. I feel every positive thing and I know that life is just splendid at the moment.

People have different kinds of needs. Physical, spiritual, psychological, emotional... And I'd be completely ungrateful to say that these are not each being met.

I have food, shelter, clothing, water...
I have the gospel and the absolute joy that it brings, the scriptures, church music, prayer...
I have friendships that are amazing and a great family who support me in everything and work which keeps my self-esteem from hitting rock bottom and gives me a reason to wake up in the morning...
I have people I can talk to when times are tough and people I can laugh with...

So many blessings, and yet when I come home after a tough day it seems like the hardest thing in the world not to have someone to collapse with on the sofa. I'm just at that stage in life, I guess. Or, I'm just human. We all need to feel loved, right? Though, even saying that is so ungrateful. I am loved beyond measure and I know that. I am not lacking anything. Do you know what I blame? Female solo artists. :)

Not seriously. Though I have been abusing the Lucie Silvas, Delta Goodrem, Dido, Alanis Morissette.... (you get the picture)... lately. I'm such a head case. :)

Just got to smile, keep busy, and not let myself sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?