Thursday 2 July 2009

But the words won't play...


Ben leaves to go to Preston MTC today...

I'm so proud of him.



His setting apart yesterday was really wonderful. I really felt the spirit and since then have had a feeling of peace. I cried a little bit but not as much as I thought I would.

We said goodbye this morning.
He cried a little when we were on our own, and I cried right as we said bye, but generally we were both okay.

I personally feel like I've been given so much comfort from my Heavenly Father. I feel so peaceful. I know that it's the right thing for Ben, and that he will be blessed and supported for his efforts.

It made me think of the poem, Footprints:

I'm truly being carried at the moment. The second thing it makes me think of is probably one of my favourite songs ever written. Scratch that, these are TWO of my favourite songs ever written. The first is taken primarily from Isaiah 55 and D&C 122, the second is based around Psalm 23.


My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee

Text and Music by Rob Gardner

For a little while
Have I forsaken thee;
But with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee
For a moment.

But with everlasting kindness will I gather thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings,
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!

Though thine afflictions seem
At times too great to bear,
I know thine every thought and every care.
And though the very jaws
Of hell gape after thee I am with thee.

And with everlasting mercy will I succor thee,
And with healing will I take thee ‘neath my wings.
Though the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
Know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!

How long can rolling waters
Remain impure?
What pow'r shall stay the hand of God?
The Son of Man hath descended below all things.
Art thou greater than He?

So hold on thy way,
For I shall be with thee.
And mine angels shall encircle thee.
Doubt not what thou knowest,
Fear not man, for he
Cannot hurt thee.

And with everlasting kindness will I succor thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings.
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!


My Shepherd will supply will supply my need
My Shepherd will supply my need:
Jehovah is His Name;
In pastures fresh He makes me feed,
Beside the living stream.
He brings my wandering spirit back
When I forsake His ways,
And leads me, for His mercy’s sake,
In paths of truth and grace.
When I walk through the shades of death
Thy presence is my stay;
One word of Thy supporting breath
Drives all my fears away.
Thy hand, in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
Thine oil anoints my head.
The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest,
But like a child at home.
I feel pretty blessed at the moment.
I know Heavenly Father does and will support Elder Allsopp.
His kindness will not depart from those who are called to serve Him.
It's hard to feel upset when I am given such comfort, and know that it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?