Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bargain

River Island Green Combat skinny trousers
Male Levi Strauss Medium grey t-shirt
Female Blue Lipsy t-shirt
Monsoon Dress
Female Levi Strauss denim shorts
Sweatpants of unknown origin
Orange butterfly t-shirt of unknown origin

Total cost: £28.93

Now, I figure that people shop in two different ways. One type of people want to get exactly that thing that they saw in the magazine or something of that exact style to complete or update their wardrobe- the 'IT' item. I'm not one of those shopppers. I'm a 'grab-a-bargain' type... one of the most exciting days of my life was finding hundreds of pairs of gloves at Accessorize ludicrously reduced during spring time. Equally- once in Monsoon (wow, pattern here!) I was going to buy a skirt that was massively reduced to £15... I took it to the counter and found out it was £5. Oh, yes, that was a good day. :)

Life is kind of like that. Sometimes we stumble across something that just FITS- for whatever reason you end up in just the right place at just the right time. You meet the right person. When it comes to love... we should all be 'bargain hunters'- looking for something that we might not expect to be the right thing at first (I wasn't looking for gloves in Accessorize) but it just ends up being the very thing that makes us happy and gives us a boost. Love shouldn't be a search for the item that is popular or cool or checks all the boxes in our long shopping list.

Love is searching through some charity shop and finding a dress, trying it on and looking at how it improves you and being absolutely blown away. You wonder suddenly whether anyone else knows the magic of this dress; you wonder whether anyone could have possibly looked over it before and cast it aside, but it's just so amazingly wonderful that you feel that actually it was just in the right place for you to find it without anyone else discovering it's secrets before you.

Of course, I feel that my missionary was my find. He's timeless; a classic. My bargain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?