Thursday 2 June 2011

Things that make me smile...



  • Savage Chickens
  • Sunny afternoons
  • Sitting in the kitchen talking to my Mom when she gets home from work
  • Realising that I can now read novels- I'm allowed!
  • Wonderful friends who drag me to far off places (e.g. Huddersfield, Copenhagen etc)
  • Putting a new battery in my watch and realising every second that passes is a second closer to Ben coming home
  • The fact that Anatomy assessments are still formative this year!
  • A wonderful extended family- my last count was 54 people! That's grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and cousins children!
  • Noticing progression
  • The thought of being best man at Alex's wedding
  • Dresses
  • Scented candles
  • The funny things that get written on the 'Missionary girlfriends' facebook group
  • Incredible people like the couple that runs our Lichfield Institute of Religion who sacrifice their time and energy into doing something for other people
  • Rain when it's warm outside
  • Black forest cupcakes (I'm going to make some next week!)
  • Art
  • Online wedding dress browsing. I love the internet... I'd hate to live in a world where I constantly had to pretend to be engaged to sigh at beautiful dresses. <3 <3 <3
  • Singing
  • Being around the Young Women of the LDS church!
  • Forgiving and forgetting
  • Quiet moments to contemplate
  • Not having to try and work out complicated financial stuff- having a dad that will do that for me!
  • Seeing people I love find happiness in life
  • Perfume
  • Phone calls off friends who love to chat
  • Strawberry milk
Those are not even NEARLY all the wonderful things in my life but I just wanted to write a blog right now about those things I can currently remember. I just love life. I have a tremendous amount of peace right now. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I love being a part of the true church on the earth. I love the strength that we give each other as members. Most of all, I love the opportunities for service that I get in the church. We all grow in unity, love and Christ-like qualities as we serve each other. I just love knowing that through this refining process we can become like Him. It's painful sometimes when we see our imperfections and feel inadequate- but it's wonderful.

The Greatest Gift, from EFY!

I stand all amazed, astounded by His grace.

He rescues me each time I start to fall.

Oh, it is wonderful to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?