Wednesday 20 April 2011

Preston Temple



The sun shone today and I had the opportunity to sit in the grounds of the temple. I love the Preston Temple so much.

I remembered the dedication of the temple when I was 8 years old. We had such a wonderful experience there. For one thing, I remember waiting after the dedication to wave at the Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, as he came out of the temple.

I know it's strange, but I knew from that moment on that he was a prophet. I felt something that day- not even from the actual act of waving at him or seeing him wave back at us. But actually the act of waiting, with the knowledge that I was going to lay eyes on God's prophet on the earth.

I guess we're waiting right now to greet someone who is even more senior- eternally senior. The Lord, our Saviour, the one who speaks through our prophet. I want to always feel the way I do when I'm in the grounds of His Holy house. I love the temple.

As I sat outside it today, I started to sing to myself:

I love to see the temple,
I'm going there someday,
To feel the Holy Spirit
To listen and to pray,
For the temple is the House of God
A place of love and beauty,
I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple,
I'll go inside someday
I'll covenant with my Father
I'll promise to obey,
For the temple is a Holy Place
Where we are sealed together
As a child of God I've learned this truth
A family is forever.

It hardly made the feelings mentioned in yesterday's blog subside- it certainly didn't quench my guilt of broodiness, but it calmed my heart and made me hope and pray for the future. I felt the spirit and His promise. I love the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?