Tuesday 19 April 2011

The 'Exhausted' Look



Tonight, starting at 7.20pm or thereabouts, we (some crazy Latter-Day Saints from Lichfield) walked 10 miles between Friary Grange and Marquis Drive, Cannock Chase. Not only was this a long walk, the majority of it was in the dark, dodging tree stumps and young men who were trying (and succeeding) in scaring the young women. Their terrified squeals rang out across the chase.

I had some wonderful chats as well as really enjoying the exercise. Yes, I'm a little sore. I'm tired. I had a shower to warm up and am tucked up in bed. But the one thing I didn't have to adjust was the glow that I saw in my reflection when I took off my make-up. Fresh air, exercise and good company just puts a smile on a face. I realised that I felt content. I am so blissfully happy. 

Part of this came from the walk, part came because of the renewed efforts of a friend to show me love, and most has come from musing on the Saviour today. We can all change and be renewed because of Him and I just felt so good when I thought about this today. 

I'm going to open up and tell you the truth- are you ready for that? :) Well, here goes. I was listening today to Classic fm while revising and it put me in the mood for some spiritual uplift so on the train back from University, I was listening to gospel music. In particular, I listened to a song by Hilary Weeks called 'A Perfect Love'. I nearly cried thinking of my Saviour, the love He gives me, Easter time and what that means in terms of His atoning sacrifice on our behalf, and I confess that it made me feel slightly broody too. It was an emotional tsunami that hit me. Yes, largely it was because of hormones as is often the case. But I felt close to the spirit. 

I got home and waiting was a note from my best friend. I broke down and cried, fell to my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father. Sometimes the love I receive in my life overwhelms me- He sends so many good things to me. 

I know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me as His daughter, and knows me. I hope one day to learn what it's like to be a parent... As I said, I admit that occasionally I come over all broody or maternal and I just want a child. My time will come! First I have to get educated, and get married. Most of all- I have to just keep valuing the life that I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?