Thursday 17 March 2011

A quick note

I was suffering from ingratitude and feeling a little bit down and out and grumbly yesterday but I think I've snapped out of it. It never takes me long as you can't really complain when life is so wonderful. I mean, sure, I could say something about it seeming like EVERYONE is getting engaged at the moment and perhaps I could make that sound a tad bitter but instead I choose to smile and completely avoid the subject.

So where was I? Ah, yes... Life is wonderful. It really is. Though I do think that I probably usually pick ultra-uninteresting moments to write this blog. It's usually when I'm shattered, have worked so hard today that I think I need a break and have yet more time to kill in Medical School before something fabulously exciting (sense the sarcasm) occurs.

To be honest, I just want to go home. I find myself frequently wondering whether being a doctor is really all its cracked up to be. Currently there are moments where I'm sitting furiously typing up notes on the Reproductive System that end up being excessively more complicated than they appear at surface value, my stomach rumbles and I find myself wondering whether I should follow the desperate urge to empty my bladder and seek out a toliet or whether I could just finish this lecture off first.

Yet there is a beautiful moment that comes when I have exhausted myself completely and that moment is: The train journey home. I can't be expected to do work yet due to the utter lack of space or tables and I'm no longer in Medical School. I have come to adore the putrid, weed-like smell of the train air and associate it with merry, relaxing, delirious... freedom.

I'm in Year 2... What have I signed up for?

(p.s. I would like any readers to note that this is written merely for the purposes of entertaining myself in a genuinely boring moment and University of Birmingham Medical School is actually a wonderful place full of glee and merriment. My future career may depend on me clarifying this fact!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?