Wednesday 22 April 2009

Life, Love and Laughter

Revision is going ahead, full-steam, and I'm also involved with looking for a job at the moment. I have two interviews this week, one today and one on Friday in Manchester.

Everything's alright.



Yesterday we went to Coventry to hear Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum (sp?) of the Twelve speak. It was a really great occassion and I came away feeling uplifted by what was said and just the presence of a General Authority really, one of the special witnesses of Christ. He talked about the Restoration of the gospel mainly but what impressed me most was something that he said at the beginning of his talk. He was speaking about his mission and about how when he first arrived in the UK, he hadn't known much and when taken to Speaker's Corner, near Hyde Park, by his mission president he had been asked to speak so he stood up and said everything he knew about baptism, which he said took him about a minute and a half and it was probably the shortest sermon ever taught at Speaker's Corner. He talked about how he felt when he stepped down and how he had resolved, "That will NEVER happen to me again." What was impressive was that due to his resolve, he made sure he didn't have that difficulty again. He got up earlier and studied more. I think that's an example I can certainly learn from, and I hope all missionaries do also.

I'm not saying they should all be getting up earlier- however, I do think that for some people a mission makes a greater impact than it does on others, and I think that those who go that extra mile and make sure they do more than just those things that they have to reap the benefits.


"D&C 58: 26

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward."


Once again, I've had a really good week. Ben and I went for a picnic to Mundy Park on Saturday, before Cameron's baptism, and we sat watching the world go by... I was people-watching, and Ben was dog-watching! It means a lot to spend time with him at the moment because soon I'll be facing the two years away from him. Getting letters will be fun... when my phone goes off and I know I have a text from him it makes me smile, so how much more exciting will it be to get a letter? I love letters.

Admittedly, not as much as I love hugs.


Anyway- I better get ready for my interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?