Monday 23 March 2009

More Med School and Mayhem



So... this weekend, I did go for that bike ride! We cycled 11 miles on a gradual uphill slope on the Tissington Trail and stopped every mile or so for a break, just because we might as well enjoy it rather than absolutely kill ourselves. Thus, the 11 miles up took us nearly 3 hours and the 11 miles back (downhill) took us less than an hour! It was great fun, it really was.

It was nice to spend some time outdoors and enjoy the sunshine... well... enjoy the 'overcast-but-not-quite-raining' moments!



I'm glad we went... despite the scary dog that started barking that I peddled as fast as I could to get away from!


Mother's Day was also nice. At church Ben spoke on respecting womanhood, and made Mom laugh by telling everyone about how he calls her, "woman" and justifies it as a sign of respect as Jesus calls His mother, "woman" in the bible. I also got a gift from the primary children- apparently they were for people who one day in the far distant future may be mothers, as well!


I'm really looking forward to the coming weekend, for the Northampton Convention. Short conventions are the way to go, I think. It's going to be nice to finish Med School for Easter and then go straight to having fun there. I think a lot of friends and faces I know will be there so it'll be great to see people. Friends are so important but they are especially so to me right now as Ben will be gone after Summer. During summer I'm either going to have to get a job or join a gym. I'm going to read a lot, too. Though, I may have retakes I need to revise for.


My provisional exam timetable is up online now, and I have to say it is kind of soul-destroying. Thirteen exams altogether, though most of them are going to be in blocks e.g. I have three in one sitting. It amounts to 14 hours worth of exams. Difficult exams. Space between 12th and the 22nd of May. But, it'll be ok. I think I had 17 A level exams last summer, or something, and I made a good exam timetable, revised hard and I coped. I just need to get some really good work done over Easter. Sacrifices will have to be made.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?