Sunday 29 March 2009

Essays, Shows, Conventions and Revision



It's finally Easter!
Essays have been written and handed in (and electronically submitted- eugh), I never again want to think about the Ischium and I'm moved back in at home. The latter was not as easy as it sounds! It required an awful lot of heavy lifting! But it's done now, and I probably won't move everything back in when I go back for the exams.



On Thursday I went to see 'Guys & Dolls' -the Nether Stowe production which Beck and Jon were in. Becky was a dancer and Jonathan was Sky Masterson and he also choreographed and directed bits of it. It was absolutely delightful to watch and there were so many talented young people in it- a suprising amount of boys that could sing fantastically (I was particularly amazed at Charlie Lathbury- Adam's little brother- and I had to doubletake to work out where this great voice was coming from!) as well as talented dancers and two lead girls who had great stage presence. I really got lost in the story because it was so easily watchable- I think I'll forever associate the people who acted in this performance with the characters- e.g. Adelaide will be connected with Abi, Nathan with Nathan, Sky with Jonathan etc. They made it look totally effortless.
However, I was only able to see the show once as I went to Northampton for a convention this weekend. It was a nice way to begin easter and a great chance to spend more time with YSA. The dances were fun. It was nice to talk more with the Hollands (Kendal and Kim) amongst many others. It was really great. The scavenger hunt on Saturday was quite hilarious- imagine at least 100 YSA throughout the day running in to Sainsbury's and other places, taking really weird pictures e.g. the pineapple on the head. So much fun!

I have to be kind of serious this easter- I have an awful lot of revision that needs to get done. To that end, I've made an exam timetable. It's just a rough guide really, but as long as I do a few hours of revision a day I can really make May less painful!


It's weird that Monique is in HK right now! While I'm sitting here with the sun on my face I don't feel quite so jealous... hehe...!


Hopefully I'll be able to do a lot of fun stuff over easter- seeing friends, going to shows and, of course, going to Wales. I'll take some revision with me. And, I also want to make time to read my book. I'm reading Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy) at the moment and I'm really enjoying the story. I think as long as you enjoy stories they aren't difficult to read and this book really isn't too much of a challenge, though it'll probably get much more complicated later. The chapters are nice and short though so you can take it in manageable chunks and not have to spend hours reading it so that you get to the point where you think, "where's the end of this chapter? I just need to reach it, then I'll put it down."


Plus, I really need to get some scripture study done. I'm excited for General Conference next week. It's nice to have something recent to read and study and usually gives me a better idea of what to look at in particular when I read the scriptures. I need to sharpen a yellow crayon and continue with marking the references to the Saviour in the Book of Mormon. I think I'll go and do that now!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?