Tuesday 3 April 2012

The Things I Know...


I guess according to the title you can assume that this post will be extremely short; and it's for exactly that reason that I am so grateful for the few things that I do know and can be completely sure of.

I am so grateful for the people who support me in life.

I am grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and understands me- even when other people may misread or misjudge my conduct or intentions. I love that He knows what I meant even when I don't express myself perfectly.

I know that my fears can be overcome with faith. On a regular basis, I have odd dreams. Last night I dreamt that I was in Australia swimming through the sea and I suddenly realised it was salty water. I started to panic that there were going to be crocodiles in the water and I was soon in a state of abstract horror. I have never been anywhere near a place where there are wild crocodiles (to my knowledge) and so perhaps this fear is irrational... more so because I often get this sense of dread when I'm swimming or even having a bath (A baby crocodile may have somehow made it into my bath water...). Next thing I knew: There it was. Right in front of me in the water- I was swimming towards it- this huge crocodile facing vertically out of the water and I was coming at him from the side. The person who I was swimming with told me (we could speak underwater) that actually there was never any reason to be frightened of crocodiles and that sailors just made up stories about them. I was pretty sure he was referring to Dugongs, but in my dream I didn't feel the need to mention this. I swam toward the crocodile, following this person, until I was so close I could almost touch it. It turned to look at me and I was certain I was dead. Yet, it just went straight back to its initial position- facing vertically. Next thing I knew, I was in a restaurant somewhere so I guess I survived. 
That story had nothing to do with my initial point about faith and fear. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed it.

I know that the temple is the most incredible place. Next week I'm going to go up to the temple and have a wonder round the grounds and I am excited for the opportunity to go there after all the busy-ness of life and just take a load off and have time to think about my priorities and where my life is heading. I know that in the stillness, I will gain clarity.

I know that this life means nothing without people. That is why the temple is so important- it forms the bond and the link that we have to each other. I am grateful that I have that already in place with my family and I'm grateful for the ability that I have in the future to see the wonder of that power going forward and continually linking me to people I love.

I know that Heavenly Father has looked after me so much this far in my life. I have seen His hand working for my family and in my own life. Even in a family that comparatively has few problems there have been so many times that He has intervened when life seemed to be sending lots of challenges. I know He's helping with everything that's going on now and I know that the divine support will never be withdrawn as we continually ask for His hand.

I am still learning to act on the things that I know. 
The beauty is that with His help, I know I will get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?