Monday 20 September 2010

I'm gonna smile...

There's a bright full moon outside, so I guess the werewolves must be out tonight. Well, it's almost full anyway. It looks absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and I'm just going to enjoy the smile it has put on my face. I'm trying to take time, before I go back for my 2nd year at Medical School, to breathe in life and bask in the wonder that surrounds me.
I have roughly two weeks to do this. So I'd better get basking!


I think sometimes we put too much emphasis on other people and their ability to make us happy. I know I am guilty of the same attitude that makes a girl say "If I had a boyfriend, I'd be happy"... however, I know that that is not the case. It is wonderful to surround ourselves with people, laughter and love; but it is more important to carry that laughter and love in our hearts to share it with the people we come into contact with.

I feel like I've been really blessed at the moment. My Heavenly Father is so aware of me; sometimes I can almost hear Him laughing at the bizarre situations I put myself in. Ultimately, I feel His love. He answers me and calms my fears. He takes away the need to be emotionally hurt and feel resentment... He takes away the 'drama'. It's just lovely. Because my life could be full of drama- things happen and they are always complicated- however, instead of me racing between highs and lows, He keeps me steady.

Oh, I have moments where I get overwhelmed... everyone has moments where they desperately need a cuddle- preferably from someone of the opposite gender! However, in those moments of loneliness He gives me a boost. He comforts me with the knowledge that this part of my life will end; and that I can learn from the situation now. He is preparing something wonderful for me. But, He intends that I learn patience along the way.

Occasionally I cry.
Sometimes I worry.
But, Often... I smile.

He has given me great cause to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?